At Decibels Audiology and Hearing Aid Center in Naples, Florida, we are committed to a better hearing health care experience for our patients.
We are focused on providing the best hearing device manufacturers, the best Audiologists, and the best customer service you have likely ever seenin a medical office. When people inquire about hearing aids in general, or about our office in particular, many people ask similar questions, and we love to answer these questions! Today’s post provides the answers to several common questions people ask about hearing health care and hearing devices at Decibels Audiology.
- What brand of hearing devices should I get? With all of the information available today, it is virtually impossible for the average consumer to discern which brand of hearing aid is right for them. At Decibels Audiology, we are not owned by a hearing device manufacturer. We are able to offer a variety of manufacturers in a range of price levels. Every patient is different, and there is not a one-size-fits-all hearing aid.
- How much do hearing aids cost? Hearing devices are available in a range of price levels. High-end, extremely sophisticated devices that provide the most clarity and exceptional background noise reduction cost approximately $3000 each. Entry-level devices that provide hearing improvement with basic background noise reduction cost as little as $999 each.
- Are smaller hearing aids more expensive? No, the size of the device has nothing to do with the cost.
- What if I have a “dead ear” that can’t be helped by a hearing aid? For people with only one “dead ear,” a CROS system uses wireless technology to allow people to hear from their “dead ear” by using technology on their “good ear.”
- What sets Decibels Audiology apart? We are FUN! Not too many people are excited about getting a hearing aid. But people do get excited about all there is to gain from better hearing! We do our best to make the process fun. Additionally, all of our staff members have a degree in Audiology. Even the people who answer the phone hold degrees as Audiology Assistants. Our Audiologists hold Master’s or Doctoral degrees in Audiology from accredited universities.
- Do I have to pay for a hearing screening? No. The initial hearing test and consultation are completely free!