Happy New Year from our family to yours! And before the old year dies, we offer you a recap. Want to know what we’ve been up to in 2017? In short, we’ve done A LOT! 2017 was a year of accomplishments, hard work, significant growth, warm feelings and fabulous festivities. We have several highlights to share with you. Yes, the Decibels Audiology and Hearing Aid Center is jumping on the year-end list bandwagon. So, to all of our blog readers –new and old — brace yourselves. You’re in for a wild and exciting ride. And without further ado, here goes.
The Decibels Best of 2017
- We survived Hurricane Irma. No, wait. Actually, we THRIVED during Hurricane Irma. In fact, the days and weeks that followed the Hurricane represent our greatest triumph. In spite of numerous challenges, our Decibels family focused on helping others, solving issues that arose, and participated in helping restore our community to the beautiful place it continues to be today. Read more about our Dial-a-Decibel hurricane relief program HERE.
- Brittany Gates became Dr. Gates! Following significant training and education, Dr. Gates was awarded her Doctorate in Audiology in May of this year. She has an astounding ability to meet the individual needs of her patients. A Naples native, Dr. Gates is a lovely, sweet, energetic, and hilarious member of the Decibels family. What would we do without her?
- We received the Naples Daily News Choice Award for best hearing aid center in Southwest Florida. For the 7th year in a row! This accomplishment means a great deal to us — it confirms our success in what we are trying to achieve. Our desire is to be a place of community — to create a family. Moreover, we want our patients to be so excited to be a part of our family!
- Katelynn and Janet received the Audiology Assistant designation. Our staff continues to grow, learn, and achieve greatness through continued education. Now, Katelynn and Janet have the ability to continue to assist patients in an even greater capacity. Way to go!
- Last, but certainly not least: the Decibels Christmas Party ROCKED! In true Decibels fashion, we celebrated our year of hard work and growth with the most fabulous Christmas party EVER! Yes, it involved countless hilarious shenanigans. Moreover, it involved a trolley, taking us to the most fantastic places around our lovely town. Once again, this party proves how great it is to be a Decibel! (See picture at the top of this post.)
Happy New Year
We hope your year was as eventful and fantastic as ours was. And if not, tomorrow is a new day, a new week, a new month, and a new year! Yes, it’s true — the new year offers us great excitement, promise and hope! Additionally, our wish is that you would have a lovely and memorable evening counting down to 2018. And from our family to yours, Happy New Year!