No, it’s not Christmas (yet)! And no, we aren’t going to write out Christmas carol song lyrics for you to read. This “Do You Hear What I Hear” posts coordinates with the arrival of the beautiful summer months! The sounds of summer are so special and important — can you hear them?
Think about what summertime means to you. Do you travel, visit friends and family, host parties, or relax? So many activities and obligations end for the summer months, even in Southwest Florida. The temperatures rise, and the schedule relaxes. What are YOU going to do about it?
If you’re anything like me, you might make lists of all the things you’ll accomplish and the adventures you’ll have. You plan out detailed itineraries of your travels and prepare for home improvement and gardening projects. You create a calendar replete with free library events, beach days, and movies in the park. Or, if you’re like others, you might just go with the flow. You allow the glory of the summer time to fill you with joy. And, much like a free spirited hippie, you let the spirit of summer guide you on the path it wants you to take, Moon Child Sister Friend. Whatever the case may be, think about some sounds unique to summer. (This is, after all, a HEARING blog.)
Do You Hear What I Hear?
There are so many summer sounds completely unique and relevant to June, July and August: the nostalgic sounds of our childhoods along with the sounds of nature, special events, and summer fun.
- Fireworks and firecrackers. Ah, the 4th of July! A day to celebrate the birth of our great nation! Around the country, various towns and municipalities will present fireworks shows for their residents. These cracks ringing out represent some of the purest, sweetest summer sounds. (And, front yard firecrackers also highlight many children’s mischievous explosives-loving ways.)
- Summer music. Every summer, various Billboard hits grace the radio waves over and over and over. And over. These summer anthems stick in our brains and play on repeat. Years later, they remind us of summers gone by whenever we hear them.
- Crackling bonfires. Summer isn’t complete without at least one bonfire or campfire. The pops and crackles of a backyard fire pit remind us of beautiful, idyllic summer. The simple pleasures of a perfectly roasted marshmallow, staying up late, and trying to catch fireflies.
- Crickets at twilight. As the day wanes, the crickets start to chirp, singing their songs and reminding us to count our blessings and sleep deeply. Each night, those crickets are up, playing their tune for us.
- Thunderstorms. What is better than a thunderstorm in the summer? After a morning of being outside, you start to hear the thunder rumble far away. In a few minutes, it’s here, watering the plants as it sounds its alarm!
The Sounds You Love
What are the summer sounds you love? What reminds you of the simple pleasures of your childhood? Recapture that magic during Summer 2018. But first, make sure you can hear. Give us a call to schedule a FREE HEARING CONSULTATION! We’d love to get to know you and what you’re looking forward to about this summer.